Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Films of 2011

What movies did I see that released in 2011?

Green Hornet (main character needed to be either geekier or more charismatic) **
Gnomeo & Juliet *****
Rango ****

Jane Eyre ****
Limitless ****
Source Code ****
Hanna ***
X-Men First Class ****

Green Lantern ***
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt. 2 ****
Crazy Stupid Love ****

The Help ***1/2
Our Idiot Brother **
Anonymous ****

So I saw 14 current movies this year and only 6 of them in the theater.  I don't think I went to the movies from Feb. to about July.  Yeah for Netflix:)

Some people are calling it The Year of the Sequel.  It also appears to have been The Year of Natalie Portman (and Anton Yelchin) judging by how many movies she was in this year.

Movies released this year currently in my Netflix queue:

Midnight in Paris
The Tree of Life
The Conspirator
Water for Elephants
The Beaver
Super 8
Winnie the Pooh
The Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Cowboys & Aliens
Moneyball
50-50

Movies I still have a chance at seeing in the theater:

Tower Heist
J. Edgar ("Kids in Mind" website rates it more appropriate for children than Crazy Stupid Love despite it's R rating)
Mission Impossible 4
Sherlock Holmes 2

The Change-Up and Horrible Bosses both star Jason Bateman, who I adore, but neither looked that good and both got R ratings (which I avoid watching).

1 comment:

Robin said...

I've seen way less movies, but let me just say that I hated Rango and I thought Crazy Stupid Love was way over-rated and I only liked 2 parts.