Thursday, July 17, 2008

Great New Easy Dinner Recipe

Got this one from my neighbor, Adina, and I altered it a tiny bit.

BAHN MI WRAPS (I called them Egg Roll Burritos)

matchstick sliced carrots (about 1/2 c.)
diced cucumber (about 1/2 c.)
fresh bean sprouts (about 1/2 c.)

Can be kept separate or combined together along with:
4 T. rice vinegar
2 t. sugar
4 t. minced fresh cilantro
salt & sesame oil to taste

Set aside.

1 lb. ground turkey (or pork)
3 T. fresh minced ginger
1 1/2 T. minced garlic
2 minced scallions (green onions)

Brown all together in a large skillet.

Beat together:
2 eggsa handful of chopped cilantro

Dip 4-10 flour tortillas in the egg mixture, coating evenly on both sides and then fry in a few tablespoons of vegetable oil in a medium hot skillet. Cook til golden brown.

Assemble the wraps with meat, sauce, and veggies.

I used an alternate sauce to the one above:

1/2 c. vegetable oil (I used some sesame oil to give it a great flavor)
1/3 c. rice vinegar
3 oz. bottled teriyaki sauce
3 T. sugar

Serve with dip:
I used bottled Asian sweet chili sauce but you may want to try combining:

3 T. mayo
2 t. sugar
1 t. chili garlic sauce (in Asian food section at store)
juice of 1/2 a lime

I kept everything separate so people could customize their own cause I had picky teenage eaters in the house. I still think everyone put everything on it. We had five guests over and they all loved it. This will be a frequently used recipe from now on at my house. DEE-LISH!

No comments: