Sunday, October 24, 2010

Travels

Well, I'm home.  I've seen a lot of the country over the last 11 days.  I'm exhausted and I'm still trying to process it all and take it all in.  The really short version of it is that I flew to the East Coast on Thursday the 14th and spent the next four days there visiting my best friend Lisa.  We had a great time together.  Lisa took me to the airport early Tuesday morning.  I arrived home around 5pm.  I let my chickens out, cleaned my messy kitchen, thanked the neighbors for taking care of my pets, gave Rusty some love, and did some laundry.  The next morning I packed, got my house mostly in order, ran a couple errands, etc. and then drove to Oregon.  I spent that night in a crappy motel but was with my family the next morning.  I'd been away from them for a whole week, the longest I've ever been away from my kids.  I had missed them terribly.  I spent the next two days and nights with my little family, another family of four, a single woman, and another couple living in a teepee.  We had a great time together.  Yesterday morning I packed up the kids and most of our stuff and drove halfway home.  Today we spent another six hours in the car.  The kids are now sleeping in their own beds for the first time in ten nights.  We are all glad to be home.  Brandon should be here tomorrow night.  More details to follow soon.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

I cant wait to hear all about it.