Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 5 - Vancouver to Seattle 8/10

Vancouver is a very large city and according to my online research, something like 52% of its residents don't have English as their first language.  I know I heard people speaking at least three languages while I was there.

After a continental breakfast at our hotel, we checked out and heading to Vancouver's Granville "Island" to do some shopping.  What a fun place!

We loved this stone, crystal, and jewelry shop and I bought several gifts there.
Karen is a bit of a stone expert/junkie and we stopped in stone shops in at least four different cities:)

Awesome puppet store in the Kid's Market

Just outside the Public Market

Inside the Public Market

 



We ate all sorts of ethnic foods here for lunch and I picked up some unique dried meats here to take home to Brandon as well.


Yes, I am wearing the same jacket in nearly every picture from the entire trip.  It was supposed to be in the 70s everywhere we went the whole time we were there.  It was not.

We spent so much time on Granville Island that we had to drive straight from Vancouver to Seattle.
It was a lovely trip.

No comments: