Friday, September 03, 2010

Roadtrip Day 1


So I'd been planning to go and visit my family in Arizona when the weather had cooled a little but was still warm enough to swim; late September.  But then I was realizing how lonely I would be when Brandon was on his five-day backpacking trip, so I figured I'd just go now instead. 
So, Wednesday the kids and I drove from home to the Las Vegas suburb of Henderson to stay with Brandon's cousin Diedre and her family for the night.  I decided to exit the freeway and drive down the strip so the kids could see the spectacle of it all.  They loved it!
Jonah talked non-stop, pointing out everything he saw, "Look, a choo-choo train!"
Me: "That's a roller coaster."
Jo: "Oh, a roller coaster.  When I get a little bigger, I'm unna ride on one."
Elora: "chugga, chugga, chugga, choo, choo!"

Jonah: Look, an elevator, OUTside!
Me: That's an escalator.
Jo: An escalator outside!
Jo: Look, water!
Look, a pirate ship!
Look, another waterfall!
Me: That's a water fountain!
Jo: Another water fountain!
A hot air balloon!
Elora: Look, a bum bum.

1 comment:

Camie Rae said...

Ah the joys of Vegas! Ha I seriously laughed out loud when I read that! Ha your kids are so dang cute.