Tuesday, August 08, 2006

February 6th

February 6, 2007- that's my due date. That's right, you are reading my official pregnancy announcement! As of today I am 14 weeks along. After 3 years of trying, with several complications and setbacks, we are finally having a baby!!! And wouldn't you if you're husband was this cute as a kid?

My first trimester wasn't bad. I was nauseated a lot but only threw up twice. If I ate, the nausea usually went away. It isn't over yet, but I hope it won't be long now.

All of my pants and skirts got tight last week when I gained my first two pounds. I'm excited to look pregnant and to get maternity clothes.

Answers to your questions: I have known I was pregnant since I was 4 weeks along. We didn't share the news with our families or anybody until I was 12 weeks (because of my miscarraige last summer). It was really hard to keep the secret to myself when I was SO excited! We won't know what sex the baby is until about 20 weeks. That is also about the same time I should start to feel the baby moving. The baby is currently about 3 inches long and has all of its major organs, etc. We have a few name ideas but we are not sharing them, so don't ask. I don't care if it's a boy or a girl (Brandon already calls it, "my boy" though. Not that he really cares either).

Well, that's all I can think to share at the moment. Feel free to ask questions. Love you all!

6 comments:

sjmiller said...

That is a day after Heath's birthday!! Maybe we can have babies with the same birthdays!

Congratulations!! I'm way excited for you guys, cause I know how hard you have been trying to have a baby!!

Keep us updated with belly photos, and if you are in San Diego and pregnant, stop by the studio, and I will take some pictures of that cute belly!

Unknown said...

Yea!!! I've been checking your blog daily for this announcement. CONGRATULATIONS! Our kids will be in the same grade. Clothing advise (from an expert now): Only buy maternity pants. Have all of your tops just be large/long junior tops and your skirts just skirts with an elastic waistband. Maternity shirts just tend to make you look fat. Also, just buy unmentionables 2-3 sizes bigger than now, don't buy the maternity ones.

Anonymous said...

Well congrats to you both!! I could tell by reading your other blogs that you were pregnant! Keep us posted.

stephanie said...

YAY! i have heard some rumors about this. . . i am so excited for you! congratulations! i hope the nausea isn't around for much longer. get lots of rest!

Tori :) said...

Congratulations! That's awesome! I'm with you. Having had a few miscarriages, I never tell anyone until I'm atleast 12 weeks. :) Good luck and congrats again!!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! february 6th is my birthday! congratulations emily, that is so so so so so exciting!