Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Happiness Project



I'd been excited to read this book for May's bookclub until I actually got it into my hands (Wasatch County library actually purchased it for their collection upon my request!).  Ugh, another "change your life in a year" story.  I already watched Julie & Julia and read The Year of Living Biblically.  And even though I loved both of those, I just wasn't in the mood.  Plus, I was hoping for fiction.  And to top it off, it is about three hundred pages long with small print.  Well, small in comparison to New Moon, the young adult novel I finished a week or two ago.  But still, I felt like reading something new on Friday, so I began.  I am an hundred pages into it now and am really enjoying it!  Also, I think nearly all women will like it and I think it is beneficial reading for anyone.  The author also has a blog at: http://www.happiness-project.com/happiness_project/
The book begins:

"I'd always vaguely expected to outgrow my limitations.
One day, I'd stop twisting my hair, and wearing running shoes all the time, and eating exactly the same food every day. I'd remember my friends' birthdays, I'd learn Photoshop, I wouldn't let my daughter watch TV during breakfast. I'd read Shakespeare. I'd spend more time laughing and having fun I'd be more polite, I'd visit museums more often, I wouldn't be so scared to drive."

Don't you love it already? I can think of several of you who I think will:)

No comments: