Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Connecticut

Somewhere between Washington, CT and Kent, CT.
I'd nearly forgotten how much I love New England.  It probably helps that I've only seen it in fall:)
The leaves were in high color and on most roads the trees are so thick that you can't see the next street over.

Looking down

Bull's Bridge.  Kent, CT.


Bull's Bridge has been in place since 1842.


Lisa's fiancée, Matt, picking us some produce out of their garden.

Their LOTR tree


Lunch with five Italian women in North Salem, NY.
I had a lot of fun hanging out with Lisa's family while I was in town.


You can see a lake from Lisa's backyard.

An afternoon in Manhattan began with lunch at Matt's favorite restaurant, Grammercy Tavern.
Lisa's mushroom lasagna was the best dish we tried.  The cheese sampler appetizer was great too.
The owner of the restaurant, Danny Meyer, stopped in while we were there and he is a bit of a celebrity among chefs and New Yorkers (Matt is both) so I took their picture with him.
Next we walked over to Union Square to check out the farmer's market.




Last stop in NYC was Momofuku, their favorite spot for dessert.  I tasted the "cereal milk" soft serve ice-cream and several delicious cookies (compost, blueberry muffin, and corn).  This is where they will be ordering a wedding cake of "crack pie" from in the future.

No comments: