Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thursday

Woke up just after 8am today cause I needed to pee (again). Ate some cereal, had some tea. Found out the high today should be 62 degrees but it won't be above freezing after that for at least a week. Yipes.
At 9am Brandon's phone rang, he woke up and came in to snap at me for not waking him. Even though he usually (although yesterday WAS his first day back in 3 weeks so I'm not quite used to it yet) has to be at school for a patient at 9, it never dawned on me to wake him. I just told him he never asked me to wake him and asked why he hadn't set the alarm. I crawled back into bed while he told me to go get the antibiotics and then rushed out the door. I slept until 11. Woke up, resteeped my tea and had another cup (Teavana's "To Life", one of my all-time favorites, packed with anti-oxidants. Check out their website sometime). It was wonderful and much needed (the extra sleep, but I suppose the tea was too). I feel significantly better today, but I probably should pick up those antibiotics anyway, right? Well, I'll definitely be picking up a Cold Buster Jamba Juice.
I was supposed to go to work at 12:30 but a few minutes ago (11:30) I got a call from my boss that neither student has showed up or called in. What a weird last work week. I guess I get to run my errands earlier.
Watched The Illusionist on Tuesday night. It's a good one, you should rent it.
Read a few of your blogs today and two of them inspired me to post one of my most-used recipes. This recipe has been highly modified from its original version that I found in 1996 on the back of a box of instant rice.

Taco Rice
Boil 2 cups rice with 4 cups of water or chicken broth
Add 1/2 packet of taco seasoning mix
2 fresh cloves of garlic; minced
Boil for one minute then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
In the last 5 minutes of cooking add one cup of frozen corn.
When rice is done, stir in one can of black beans.
Dish up into individual bowls or plates. Add 1/2 chopped tomato, 1/4 diced avacado, and shredded cheese to each serving.
We also serve with black olives, pepperoncinis, and sour cream on the side.
This is a family favorite. Easy, one dish, all food groups, healthy, hearty, tasty, filling.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Oooo, this sounds especially delicious! I will try it once I tell my mom the ingredients to buy haha. That's how it goes at my house. She buys the stuff, and I make the food. She loves it.

Tori :) said...

That sounds YUM!!!!

Unknown said...

Oklahoma City has been all over our news and the national news. Don't freeze or slip and fall!