Friday, August 10, 2007

Last Weekend


Near Flaming Gorge, between Vernal and Dutch John, UT.


Last Thursday night when we were supposed to head up to Flaming Gorge with Brandon's dad n' family, we found out that B's sister Katie had come down with what we now believe to have been a case of the measles. We decided to go anyway. It was a three hour drive thru wild wilderness I have never fully appreciated before. We saw tons of deer around sunset just before arriving at Camper World.
We arrived to a warm welcome from about 40 members of the J. family. There were B's two uncles, one aunt, and eight of his first cousins, each with their signifigant other and seven with children. We had a great time.
I had a great wakeboarding run on Saturday and was SOOO sore on Sunday, hadn't gone in two years. Jonah liked napping on the boat and Brandon liked boat surfing. I didn't take a lot of pictures but I'll share what I've got. I'm lucky to have such great extended family in-laws:)



We saw a herd of wild mountain goats on our way to meet up with the river group for lunch.


Lunch on the river after 27 from our group floated the Green river in rafts.




Brandon surfing. You can let go of the rope and keep surfing behind the boat without one!


3 comments:

Robin said...

Sounds so fun! Love Jonah in your sunglasses. And with pea face.

sjmiller said...

Looks like a fun time!! That is a lot of people!

I tagged you on my blog, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Your family has so much fun, I'm jealous! Those pictures of Jonah are fantastic, I love the two big boy eating pics.