Sunday, May 27, 2007

Easy Recipe Idea

I'm on a meatloaf kick lately. I've made three in the past 4 weeks. My old favorite was turkey meatloaf with sundried tomatoes which can be found on www.epicurious.com, one of my favorite websites. I like beef ones too. The best meatloaf I've ever had, I created about two weeks ago, it was EXCELLENT. Since I was making it up as I went along, here is a rough recipe if you want to try making a fantastic meatloaf:
1 lb. ground turkey
1/2 med. yellow onion
1 clove garlic
1 celery stalk
1 carrot
1 1/3 c. dried bread crumbs
about 7 crushed saltines (also fun to throw in the food processor)
1 egg
splash of milk
1/4 zucchini
catsup/ketchup
1/2 an onion soup mix
1/2 t. salt
olive oil
dash of italian seasonings

Finely chop all vegtables (I just threw them in the food processor). Saute in 1 T. olive oil for a couple minutes. Throw everything (except ketchup) into a bowl and mush it all together with your hands - squishy, squooch, squish. Throw it into a loaf pan, form into a loaf. Top with ketchup. Bake at 350-375 for about 40 minutes. So good it didn't even need salt or ketchup when it was done! Serve with some sort of yummy potatoes and a veggie. The end.

No comments: