Thursday, June 21, 2007

Movin' Right Along


This used to be my dining room.
We spent all weekend beginning to pack for our move. First we gave away our old dining table and chairs so we'd have somewhere to put boxes.

Yesterday Jonah rolled all the way over from his back to his belly for the first time. It has made naptime interesting ever since. He moves a lot for a kid who can't crawl. Yesterday he went from back to belly and rotated 90 degrees in about 5 minutes. He can roll from his belly to his back right OR left now too. He's a little wiggler. Just now I had to let him cry for 4 minutes before he fell asleep for a nap, I went in to check on him 10 minutes later, he was on his tummy, smashed up against the crib-posts, so I had to move him and roll him over. We don't have bumpers. Is that good or bad?
Other new stuff with Jonah: he likes to grab his feet when he lays on his back (very cute). He likes to grab, scratch, and pinch. He is going to be a cheerio grabbing pro when he starts eating solids, I swear. I like to hear him scratch his sheet/mattress when he lays on his back in bed. He likes carnations. He likes cats. He likes trees.

Yesterday morning Jonah and I went to the zoo. We had a great time. It was warm and very humid. Jonah liked the part of the path that was in a bamboo forest. He liked the Feathers and Fins show almost as much as I did. We finally got to see the Butterfly exhibit I've been excited about, it wasn't very exciting. I still think the bat exhibit is the coolest thing there. The bears made me a little nervous since I just heard about the 11 yr. old boy in Utah who was killed by one last week. The crocodiles made me a little nervous too. I'm a bit overprotective. I was craving chicken nuggets on the way home so I made my semi-annual visit to McDonalds for a Happy Meal. They had the weirdest thing there, a kiosk for dvd rentals, a dollar a night. Might have to go back and check that out more closely.

Rent Arrested Development (seasons 1- 3 are all there are), it makes me laugh so hard. I love watching So You Think You Can Dance.

More later.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Glad the packing is going so well! And so excited that Jonah is learning all kinds of new & exciting tricks.

You need to venture out more... the $1 rental is called RedBox... & it's the greatest thing EVER!!

Robin said...

what a big wiggly boy! The zoo sounds great! and yes the video kiosk is great too, do it!